Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

J.A.R. Activity

Alright, it is time to start gearing back up for the start of school.  Really?  Who am I kidding?  I've spent the last week up in my new classroom trying to get things organized and looking cute for the kiddos.  I am desperate to get my hands on my roster so I can begin personalizing things for the kiddos!  I'll be sure and post pictures soon.  I really can't wait to get going!

Anyway, here is an activity that I like to do during the first few weeks of the year.  It is called the J.A.R. (Just Acting Right) activity.  This is a fun way to model positive behavior expectations in your classroom.  I use this in my classroom and we have a fantastic time learning expectations.  One of the reasons that this activity is fun is that we model the behavior correctly, then incorrectly, and correctly one last time.  The kids get the biggest thrill out of being chosen to model the behavior incorrectly.  Whoever models it incorrectly, then has to turn around and show the behavior correctly.  (I usually choose those students that I know are going to struggle as the "incorrect/correct" models.  They're going to screw up anyway to play the "look at me game", so I just beat them to the punch!)  Saves me a lot of grief in the classroom. Get your copy here.

I use the top of the first page as the label for the jar and then cut the strips apart and place inside.  I probably should have laminated everything first, but it's held up fine.  We usually practice three behaviors a day.  I hope you enjoy the activity!  Feel free to "borrow" a copy and please consider becoming a follower if you're not already.  I'm itching to do a giveaway!  :)  Happy Summer!  J.A.R. activity here!

No comments:

Post a Comment